We found out earlier today that the International Space Station was going to fly across the New Mexico sky at around 1830 local time. We all went out to the driveway, and I expected a speck of light (very faint) like the satellites that Meghan and I had seen in the Sweden night sky. I have actually seen the ISS flying before when I was flying at night during a large flying exercise over Nevada (I was wearing Night Vision Goggles at the time which makes things pretty easy to pick up...Milky Way is amazing under the green tint of NVGs). I digress...so there the ISS rose, absolutely wow! Very bright, initially I looked to Meg and said "I think that was a plane". So I went and grabbed the camera, and tried my best. With the lens and zoom you could see the solar arrays off the side of the station. The following picture does not do it justice, but pretty neat. Addison watched the whole time and then bid adue to the ISS as it went behind the mountains to the southwest of our house.
The "dot" is the ISS in the upper right hand corner.
No comments:
Post a Comment